Sunday, June 19, 2016

Around the cabin




Red clover destined for kombucha, sweet and full of nectar. Immature ramson (ramsløk) seeds accidentally picked in the garden. At NOMA they pickle them and used them like capers. Since we don't have quite enough to do this, we are eating them raw. Rather spicy and delicious!




My spring loppis project come to fruition: an ode to Norwegian artist Anne Marie Ødegaard.

Loppis are flea markets held at primary schools and are the absolute best. I collected about half of the tiles there, the other half I purchased online from a super kind Trønder. Originally these all came in big gold frames, bulky collectibles produced by a company called Porsgrund in the 1970s. The collectibles themselves have apparently fallen out of favor, but I love her images and now get to see them every summer morning while brushing my teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment